photos: Rimantas Ragainis, Kristina Stalnionytė, Kristina Simkeviciute, Lithuania Travel, Latvia Travel and Visit Estonia
The Baltic States are this particular trio of countries sitting on the Southeast coast of the Baltic sea. No long ago they were occupied by the Soviet Union only to regain independence in the early 90's. After decades of isolation inflicted by socialism, the Baltic States finally broke through and the world realised they were missing three countries from the map: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
Why are they so interesting? Well, because they are different. They are small, boast vast natural landscapes, lakes of clear waters, lush forests and a rich wild life. They also have some unique architectural treasures which they spice with all sorts of activities and a really cool nightlife.
In 2004, just over ten years after independence, the Baltic States became full members of the European Union acquiring all the special advantages this particular club provides, in particular for tourists.
In order to better to know the flavour of the Baltic States, we've created a tour programme that would take you through highlights of these three countries. 7 to 8 Days of joy and relaxation from Vilnius to Riga and all the way to Tallinn. And for those ready to go the extra mile, we offer an additional day in Helsinki.
There are three versions of the tour to accommodate the different needs of Groups, FITs and MICE. Four points of departure to suit your flight connections: Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn or Helsinki. Accommodation in 3, 4 or 5 star hotels of international brand and also specialised local boutique hotels. Your choice of meals at hotel or reputable restaurants that would take care to observe your particular dietary needs.
Depending on your particular requirements, the classic tour can include some the following excursions
- Vilnius city centre and old town including one of the oldest universities in Europe.
- Trakai water castle and the Karaim community famous for Kibinai.
- Hill of crosses, place of religion and political resistance
- Klaipeda and the Curonian spit, home of the Thomas Mann house and museum
- Riga city centre and the jewels of Art Nouveau architecture
- Rundale Palace and theatrical feature presentation
- Turaida ("Thor's Garden") and Sigulda
- Tallinn's medieval old town
- Toompea Hill
- Open air ethnographic museum
- Visit to Pärnu holiday city
The structure of the programme can be modified for your particular requirements, for instance, to include an extra day for a tour of Helsinki taking the ferry from Tallinn.
- Versions: Group, FIT, MICE
- Duration: 7-8 days. Longer and shorter stays are available depending on your requirements.
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Japanese, French and more. We can accommodate the particular language requirements of your group.
- Inclusions: Depending on version, all classic tours include accommodation in international hotels, lunch and dinners at recognised local restaurants, transport on climate-controlled coaches, transfers airport-hotel-airport, tour guides for the entire journey.